Are you suffering from eye strain as well? It is not uncommon these days; we spend many hours in front of the computer screen that causes strain to the eyes. However, a condition known as ‘computer vision syndrome’ is more prevalent in people who have a job that is computer related.
Typically, the complaints range from physical fatigue, decreased productivity that causes an increase in the number of work errors, to minor annoyances like eye twitching and red eyes.
However, the good news is that there are a number of ways to prevent this eye strain issue, which are as follows:
1. Comprehensive eye exam: You need to have a regular checkup that will help you prevent and or treat the eye strain issue.
2. Use of proper light: while using the computer there should be a balance between the light coming from the inside and the outside of the computer so that dull or bright lights do not affect your vision.
3. Upgrade your display: make sure that you change your computer as older versions usually have “flicker” of images that can be a major cause for eye- strain.
4. Display setting of your computer: the settings should be well-adjusted where the brightness, text size, and contrast, color temperature should be kept in mind. The brightness of the computer should be in line with the amount of brightness in your surroundings. Whereas, the text size should be easier to read for you like; black print on a white background is the best combination for comfort. Lastly, it is better to reduce the color temperature that decreases the blue light emitted which is better for long-term viewing comfort.
5. Blink often: it is good for the lubrication of the eyes and preventing dryness of the eyes.
6. Rest the eyes: you should try looking away from the computer screen after every 20 minutes; it reduces the chance of tiring the eyes. Thus, frequent breaks are a must!
7. Posture and Comfort: Lastly, but most importantly you should have a comfortable posture that does not cause pain. Thus, having ergonomic desk set up with ergonomically correct monitor arms will help you to rearrange monitors to different positions ultimately reducing the amount of stress caused due to the same position for long periods. For more details kindly check out our website.